Header Ads

Header ADS

Joan Jett Optimistic About New Runaways Film

Joan Jett says she’s pleased about a new film based on her pioneering all-female ‘70s band, the Runaways, reports Billboard.com. Titled, simply, The Runaways, the film draws in part from Runaways singer Cherie Currie’s 1989 memoir, “Neon Angel.” The movie features Kristen Stewart as Jett and Dakota Fanning as Currie.
“It was very surreal and hard to put a word on," Jett told Billboard, describing the experience of being present during filming. “If anything it definitely made me smile. It reinforces my love for the band and the fact I think it was an extremely important band, regardless of our level of success in America.”
Pointing out that The Runaways is not a “fact-for-fact” biopic, Jett nonetheless was deeply involved in the project. Both she and Currie coached their actress-counterparts, and Jett came away especially impressed with Stewart’s diligence with regard to her character.
“She was really serious about it and was watching me and asking me all sorts of question,” Jet said, “from speech aspects to watching my body language, watching where I stood, watching my guitar playing. She really worked hard to get it right."
Currently in post-production, The Runaways is tentatively scheduled for release in 2010. Meanwhile, reports Billboard, Jett is considering releasing a new greatest hits CD that may include new material as well.

No comments

Leave your comments here

Powered by Blogger.